Friday, July 28, 2006

About the individual Hariram

HARI AUM

Few words about the individual that I am - Hariram. I was born and brought up in a spiritual brahmin family in Trivandrum. During my childhood, I used to listen to Rudram and Kanda Shasthi Kavacham all the time - I used to sleep listening to the same only.

Years rolled by with singing bhajans and learning puranic stories. Then came 1991 when I was 10 years old and my life took a drastic change. I met my Guru, Sadguru Mata Amritanandamayi Devi, and became an ardent devotee of AMMA. It was at the same time that I started listening to Prof. Balakrishnan Nair's discourses on Chatussutri Brahma Sutra.

In 1994, I got my upanayana from AMMA and started learning scriptural books though not fully analyzing it or having full involvement in it. Did my schooling in Kendriya Vidyalaya and engineering in Kottayam. After engg was over, stayed for some time at AMMA's ashram in cochin learning computer courses. It was during that time that started learning Vedantic work with deeper analysis.

In 2003, got selected in Infosys and had training in pune for 4 months -- from then on started a journey of learning vedantic works in detail which is still going on and on. Was posted permanently in chennai where stayed alone learning vedanta and writing few works (explanation of sanskrit works) in english on vedanta.

Currently, as of 2006 July, am deputed at client location in New Jersey, US.

Life is going on and on with learning vedanta and trying to focus on the ultimate reality of Brahman.

About interests, philosophy gets the first place above even work and other things. Then comes music and sanskrit. Other things are not given that much importance but still watch movies, do chit-chat etc.

About nature, am short-tempered, shy, not good at making friends but once am a friend go beyond limits and committed to spiritual relationships. Am not good at talking to opposite sex, willing and happy to be left alone -- these are some of my nature.

By the grace of AMMA, am trying to always contemplate on the ultimate reality of Brahman -- that everything is but Brahman, one without a second. Hope to have this constant thought in the mind and help out whoever is wanting any spiritual help whatever it may be, whenever it may be and wherever it may be.

Salutations to all.

HARI AUM

No comments: